What to Bring to PCC: The Classroom Edition
My first experience with packing for the classroom was when I saw my big brother off to college.
“I have all my supplies already in my drawer,” he explained to me.
His “supplies” included gum wrapper relics and empty retractable pencils and laminated bookmarks and those little rubber doo-dads that come out of the gumball machine in a plastic cup. He stared at it for a moment, shrugged, and dumped the whole drawer into his backpack!
Well, I can tell you (and I think, in retrospect, my brother would agree)— that’s not the way to go!
Here are some friendly suggestions when you’re packing for the classroom!
- No. 2 pencils.
- 3x5 cards. Lots and lots of 3x5 cards.
- Binders are great if you prefer them! I’ve also found it useful to buy those cheap spiral-bound notebooks and label a different one for each class.
- 3x5 cards.
- Highlighters. They’ll be a huge help as you study and keep track of your notes.
- Page Dividers: the cute little Post-it kind.
- A mini stapler. If you don’t need it, I promise the guy next to you will always ask to borrow it. Be a friend; buy a stapler!
- Did I mention 3x5 cards?
Remember, these are just ideas. Maybe you have something else specifically, or you plan to buy most of your school supplies when you arrive on campus. The Bookstore here offers a wide variety of supplies in case you missed anything.
You must be logged in to post a comment.