Playing Cupid? What?
Happy Valentine’s Day Eve! Yeah, I know, some of you just rolled your eyes and are debating not even reading this post because of your disdain for the overly sweetened, mushy gushy holiday that is “reserved” for those with a significant other. Bear with me; this isn't a post about star-crossed lovers or the top ten ways in which you can snag a date for the next Fine Arts. This post is about all relationships. As college students, our lives revolve around relationships, whether it is the relationship between teacher and student, student and student, supervisor and worker, or even the relationship that we have with our parents. There is always some sort of relationship going on in our lives on a daily basis, and Valentine’s Day is a perfect day to focus on others. Christ often spoke on treating others with brotherly love, and now we have been given a perfect opportunity to do just that.
So before you disregard Valentine’s Day in your calendar, make it a goal to show some love tomorrow. Here are some ideas for you:
- Show love to your roommates and leave them some chocolate on the desk.
- Write your supervisors a note thanking them for their hard work.
- Call your parents and tell them that you love them.
- Tell your RAs that you appreciate them.
- Put a sticky note in your boyfriend’s Bible with your favorite verse.
- Drop a rose off at your girlfriend’s dorm as a surprise.
- Take your friends out for coffee and donuts.
- Spend an extra minute after class getting to know your teacher.
Valentine’s Day is not just for those people that are head-over-heels in love; Valentine’s Day is a way for God’s children to spread a little extra of His love to those that might need it. Consider yourself a “Cupid” of sorts, but instead of playing matchmaker, shoot “arrows” of God’s love. Who knows, you might be just the blessing that somebody needs in their life.
So, Happy Valentine’s Day from me to you. Now, go spread some love! 😉
"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another." (Gal. 5 :13)
You must be logged in to post a comment.