It’s that time of year again, the time of year where students study and study and study. Midterm exams are here. It’s very easy to get stressed out with all of the different tests that you may have throughout the day, so our RAs here usually have an encouraging phrase posted up around the floor to remind you what to bring to class. Some of these reminders include a pencil for the scantron and prayer because we need God’s hand in our lives every day!
My freshman year at school my friend and fellow-blogger, Sonja, gave me a Midterm Survival Kit. I wanted to share some of my favorites from this kit hopefully to remind you to keep your focus in the right place.
1. Eraser – to remind you that we all make mistakes. We are not perfect, but God understands that. He gives us the strength to get back up again when we fall.
2. A birthday candle – to remind you that even in tough times, we are to be a light to the world!
3. Mints – to remind you to keep a fresh outlook on life. We can rest in the fact that God is always good, so what could go wrong?
4. Paper clip – to remind you to keep it together!
5. Rubber band – to remind you to be flexible. Things don’t always go the way we plan, but God is in complete control!
6. Snickers – to remind you to take time to laugh. Proverbs 17:22a says, “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine…”
7. Toothpick – to remind you to pick out the good qualities in people. God wants us to think the best of others.
8. Your favorite verse – to remind you that God is always there for you no matter what happens.
So as you study for midterms or maybe just go through a normal day, remember these items throughout the day. But don’t forget the most essential part: prayer!