Hello, my name is Kelly. I am a new blogger with the Campus Post blog. I am a senior Office Administration major, and I enjoy sharing my experiences as a college student with others.
Pensacola Christian College has wonderful opportunities for all college students, who have been at PCC for at least one semester, to work with children. This opportunity comes through Campus Church children's ministry. The first Sunday of every semester at 4 p.m. there is a children's ministry meeting, where college students are invited to get involved with children. The meeting starts in the Dale Horton Auditorium, and then the different ministries split and have individual meetings. The children's ministries include Master Clubs, puppets, children's music ministry, Sunday school, children's church, and nursery.
I knew I wanted to attend this meeting because I used to work with children's ministries throughout high school, and I hadn't done much with children since then. The Lord burdened my heart to get involved with children again, so I decided to get involved with Master Clubs. I know I have been blessed already even though the semester has just started. I enjoy seeing the kids come into Master Clubs with excitement ready to have more fun. They amaze me with their enthusiasm for the Lord at such young ages.
Do you enjoy being arond children and being blessed by their adorable antics? I sure enjoy being a blessing to them, but it seems as if they bless me even more. Here are some of the ministry opportunities the Campus Church has to offer. Check them out:
- Master Clubs has the goal of reaching boys and girls through Jesus Christ to serve the Lord. The children have fun through playing games, memorizing verses, and growing in their spiritual life through counsel time. Master Clubs meets in the St. John Building every Sunday evening during the school year.
- The puppets ministry teaches Biblical truths and sows seeds for salvation. They minister in children's church on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings, Sunday schools, Master Clubs, and during special children's events.
- The children's music ministry offers an opportunity for children to learn at young ages to serve God through music. There are 2 choirs and a brass group who sing and play in adult Sunday schools and at special events. They meet Wednesday nights before church so you don't even have to miss church. There is one choir for grades 1-3 and another choir for grades 4-6. The brass group is for grades 5-8.
- The children's Sunday school currently has 17 classes with over 60 college helpers. They use the Joyful Life Sunday school material. The children in these classes learn Scriptural truths through Bible stories, where they learn to apply Bible principles in their daily lives. The children also enjoy singing songs and working on activity sheets.
- The children's church ministry meets on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings during the Campus Church services. There is no children's church on Sunday night because of Master Clubs. Classes are for 3 year olds through second grade.
- The Campus Church nursery meets Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday night. This ministry is for ladies only. Their goal is to provide a safe, happy, and healthy environment for the littlest members of the church. The nursery is divided into 5 areas of babies, newborn through two year olds. After toddler age, they attend children's church.
The Campus Church is a large church with many needs. Take advantage of this opportunity to influence children's lives and help out in one of these many areas.